Toon Final Cut Pro user group

Final Cut Pro user group for North of England

Another fcp problem - I edited a bit of video and exported it as a quick-time movie, but when I burned it to dvd it won't play - neither will the quick-time file. It just says fcp quit unexpectedly and need to relaunch. Have made a couple of attempts but no joy. I wondered if I'm not rendering properly or something.

Any ideas? 

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Brighid,
Have you got your settings so that you send a notification to me when you post here. I didn't get a mail. Hmmm. I am trying to check in more often in case anyone is getting stranded!
You can always text me if it's urgent.
You need it to be MPEG 2 for DVD. You can choose this in compressor, or depending on your version of FCP you might find it in QT conversion.
When you can afford it get to 7 as the "share" menu provides simple options
B ;-)
Thanks Barbara - I think I may have got it sorted now, but I am away for 3 days, so won't be able to do anything else until I get back. The sequence is playing in the DVD Studio Pro window now which is encouraging! I have version 5.1.4 which converts quicktime movies to MPEG 2 so long as you have it on that setting and of course settings for PAL etc.
OK, you need to ecode it for DVD as it might play on your computer, but not on DVD players externally.
I have the DVDSP book if you want to borrow it.
The first chapter gives a very straightforward instruction on how to do a simple DVD. You can use templates in FCP and chapter markers. You can even customise the templates in Motion. Once you have had a little go at it it's quite easy!,
B :-)

Brighid Mulley said:
Thanks Barbara - I think I may have got it sorted now, but I am away for 3 days, so won't be able to do anything else until I get back. The sequence is playing in the DVD Studio Pro window now which is encouraging! I have version 5.1.4 which converts quicktime movies to MPEG 2 so long as you have it on that setting and of course settings for PAL etc.
Barbara Keating said:
OK, you need to ecode it for DVD as it might play on your computer, but not on DVD players externally.
I have the DVDSP book if you want to borrow it.
The first chapter gives a very straightforward instruction on how to do a simple DVD. You can use templates in FCP and chapter markers. You can even customise the templates in Motion. Once you have had a little go at it it's quite easy!,
B :-)

Brighid Mulley said:
Thanks Barbara - I think I may have got it sorted now, but I am away for 3 days, so won't be able to do anything else until I get back. The sequence is playing in the DVD Studio Pro window now which is encouraging! I have version 5.1.4 which converts quicktime movies to MPEG 2 so long as you have it on that setting and of course settings for PAL etc.
I will check it out when I get back. Cheers
Trash, preferences, reset parameter ram, also maybe get the latest Quicktime FCP ?
B :-)
I think I may need to take up your offer of borrowing your DVDSP book. I have been following the DVD Studio Pro Users Manual but not getting on very well!

Brighid

Barbara Keating said:
Trash, preferences, reset parameter ram, also maybe get the latest Quicktime FCP ?
B :-)

RSS

Latest Activity

© 2017   Created by Barbara Keating.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service